Xpertin (we) are committed to the highest standards of privacy and data protection compliance.
You may refuse to provide us with personal information, and you may object to our collection of information, however this may impact your ability to use or benefit from our site, platforms, apps, products, and/or services, and our ability to provide you with support or assistance.
Information you provide, content you create, and files you uploadWhen you create an account on our site and other platforms, including any mobile applications (apps), you provide us with personal information that includes your name, email address, and a password.
Even if you do not create an account, you may opt to provide us with personal information for specific purposes. For instance, you may provide us with an email address to receive marketing material or updates about our services, a phone number so that we may call you back about a customer inquiry, or your name and payment information when you purchase a service.
Information we collect about your browser and devicesWhile you use our site and other platforms, we collect general information of the sort that web browsers, servers and network operators typically make available, such as unique identifiers (e.g. persistent cookies, MAC addresses, device IDs, IMEI numbers), browser type and settings, location data, device type and settings, operating system, IP address, mobile network information including operator name and phone number and application version number, language preferences, crash reports, system activity, and the date, time and referral URL of each visitor request. This information helps us troubleshoot problems, understand how visitors use our site, allocate and balance resources, and improve our products and services.
Information we collect about how you use our site and servicesAs you use our site and services, we collect information about how you interact with our platform and how you use our services (your activity), such as the links that you click, content that you view, terms, products, and services that you search for, products or services that you buy, people you communicate or share information with, and how you interact with advertisements.
We collect information about your activity to understand how you use and interact with our site and other platforms, and our products and services. This helps us to understand customer preferences, optimise our site and other platforms, allocate and balance resources, and improve our products and services.
• carry out our obligations and to provide you with agreed products and services;
• establish, maintain and administer your account;
• maintain, troubleshoot, and improve our site, platforms, apps, products, and services;
• develop new products and services;
• if your preferences permit, to provide you with recommendations and personalised products and services;
• measure performance of our site, platforms, apps, products, and services;
• secure and protect you, us, our site, platforms, apps, products, and services, and the public;
• meeting our legal, regulatory, and tax reporting obligations;
• communicate with you about our site, platforms, apps, products, and services—such as to notify of changes and updates, alert you to data or security breaches, and to provide you with customer support;
• with your explicit consent, to create or distribute promotional and marketing material that is relevant to you;
• for quality assurance and training purposes;
• to promote and market ourselves, our products and services, and our websites (including any social media pages maintained or operated by us such as Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, YouTube etc); and
When we share your personal information with othersPersonal information we collect stays within the Xpertin family, other than in the following circumstances:
• when you give us explicit consent to share your data;
• when we share it with the greater Innovor family (i.e. with our affiliated and group companies);
• when we share it with our affiliates, partners, and other trusted organisations we work with to provide products and services to you;
• when we share it with trusted external service providers and data processors such as data centres, web hosts, cloud storage and cloud software providers, customer support providers, payment processors, debt collectors, accountants, and insurers;
• when we share it with prospective sellers or buyers of our business or assets; or
• when we share it with regulators and other relevant parties for the purpose of legal or contractual compliance, reporting purposes, or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect our property or rights, or the rights of third parties or the public at large.
We look after your personal information
AccuracyWe take all reasonable steps within our control to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate. We also take reasonable steps to ensure that the information is complete and up-to-date. However, we also rely on you to advise us of any changes to your personal information.
Retention of personal dataWe will cease to retain our documents containing personal data, or remove the means by which the personal data can be associated with particular individuals, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that the Purpose for which that personal data was collected or further processed is no longer being served by retention of the personal data.
Moreover, we will cease to retain your personal data when you choose to close and delete your Xpertin account.
CookiesTo make this site work properly, we sometimes place small data files called cookies on your device. Most big websites do this too. A cookie is a small text file that a website stores on a visitor’s computer, and that the visitor’s browser provides to the website each time the visitor returns. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
• Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our site, or make use of e-billing services.
• Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
• Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
• Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish—for details, see www.aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
Use of personal information for direct marketingFrom time to time we may use the personal information we collect from you to identify particular products and services that we believe may be of interest to you. We may then contact you to let you know about these products and services, new features and how they may benefit you, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with us and our products and services and/or products.
Direct marketing from us generally takes the form of an electronic marketing email. Where we use your personal information to send you marketing information by email, SMS, MMS or other electronic means we may do so with your express or deemed consent. Every directly addressed marketing contact sent or made by us will include a means by which you may unsubscribe (or opt out) of receiving further marketing information. Additionally, you may instruct us at any time to remove any previous consent you provided to receive marketing communications from us. You can contact us at email@example.com to make a request.